With support from the Stow Community Chest…
- The Stow Food Pantry provided food and pantry supplies to 2100 people last year, including almost 450 Stow residents.
- Warm Hearts of Stow provided direct assistance to 150 Stow residents, including holiday food baskets, summer camp scholarships, back-to-school clothing and supplies, winter clothing, and Christmas presents.
- Randall Library Friends funded a summer reading program that served 234 Stow children and teens in 2016 and a wide variety of additional educational programming for nearly 300 middle schoolers.
- The Friends of the Council on Aging funded programming for 1500 Stow senior citizens, including exercise programs, art classes, fuel assistance, and van transportation.
- Minuteman Senior Services served 600 Stow residents hot meals and provided counseling services through the SHINE Health Benefits Counseling Program.
- Stow Boy Scouts Troop 1 replaced camping gear (tents, stoves, and water storage) used by troop members on their monthly camping trips.
- Minuteman ARC provided programming to enhance the quality of life for people with disabilities, including 56 children from Stow, 16 families from Stow, and 13 adults from Stow.
- Parmenter Community Healthcare/Wayside Hospice provided hospice and home-care services for terminally ill patients in Stow and a HEART play program for grieving children.
- Emerson Hospital donated more than 16,000 coping kits to pediatric patients since 2005. The Stow Community Chest provided some of the seed money and continues to support the program.